Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Flowers on HK Gangsta Folding Chair


This is one of those folding chairs which often appear in Hong Kong gangster/mafia movies, normally being used as a weapon to whack the heck outta the main actors in the movies.

I think it kinda looks pretty as a small side table, and the dual color carnations for SC's mom looked so pretty sitting on it.

In Indonesia, mother's day falls on 22 Dec. I still called my mum and wished her happy mother's day - the international version.

Here are some of the things why my mum is the best mum in the world (apart from the fact that she raised my sis and me alone and put up with all of our crap all these years):
- She lets me do pretty much whatever I like (look how not great I've turned out to be)
- She doesn't cook so she doesn't criticise the way I cook, but she taught me my first dish (the only dish she knows how to cook well, char kee kiew - stir fried vegetables and chicken)
- She forced me to attend ballet and electone classes (so I didn't end up rhythm and tone deaf)
- She never once asked me to wear longer skirts or higher cut tops (when you got it, flaunt it)
- She never sets a budget for my sis and me, but she simply sets a good example on how to spend reasonably (or is it our innate Javanese thriftiness?)
- My favorite mum quote: "If you are willing to work hard, you will never go jobless"
- Another favorite mum quote: "Let your man spend on you or himself, than on another girl" (indeed!)
- Favorite mum mispronunciations/special words: Gelael = galiel, KFC = ketakcy, sipatkuping, cau lut pai, ngorong (I am sure you have tonnes of words only you and your siblings know from your mum. Do share)

and many many more!

Happy mother's day, yummy mummies everywhere!

No comments: