Monday, August 2, 2010

My New Toy - Olympus PEN & Lace Strap

Here's SC, attaching a pretty lacey strap on my new toy...
New Toy & Lace Strap - Olympus PEN

Hello, gorgeous!
New Toy & Lace Strap - Olympus PEN
Why the heck do I need another camera? Why did I choose Olympus PEN?

Here are my lame excuses:
1. The Canon 7D gets too heavy for preggo me, I get back pain from the weight and hardly carry it out if SC's not with me
2. Imagine after lil' SC's born...there will be a baby, a huge diaper bag, a stroller, etc etc etc...I don't think I can manage carrying lil' 7D
3. My Canon IXUS890IS is severely outdated, I can't even adjust white balance ;) and I need something that produces pictures of near DSLR quality...
4. Why not Panasonic Lumix GF1? It's much more expensive, out of my budget, with the same price, I could get this one with an extra lens
5. Why not Sony NEX5? I can't get over how fugly it looks on me (high tech look doesn't suit me ^_*)
6. I just want it. It's white, and super cute :p

...and that's that ^_^

7 comments:

Mrs Ergül said...

I cannot believe this!!! Can't wait to see the photos from this! Are you guys selling the 7D then?

Robin said...

I love SC's shirt!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

How much does this PEN camera cost in Hong kong? Cant wait to see your baby :)

Unknown said...

@pei lin, i'm keeping the 7D :) mostly to use at home, this one's for going out

@robin hehehe got it from threadless ;)

PEN camera costs about HK$4590 at this moment

LyddieGal said...

It is super cute, and I LOVE the lace strap. I've been wanting to get a really pretty camera strap for my rebel.

Chic on the Cheap

Shirley said...

Any prize for guessing right? :D I want to get one too but i need to come up with a good excuse to convince my KS. :)

Btw, I really really love that lace strap of yours. Where and how much did you pay for it??

Unknown said...

hi Shirl, the lacey strap is from a shop called Cam2 in Wanchai (they have quite a few branches including in mongkok), the brand is Hakuba and it costs about HKD1xx

:)