Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY - Turning Baby Onesies Into Tops

H&M baby onesies
Babies grow fasttttt.
And this mama never learn her lessons.
She bought these cute onesies from H&M knowing that they won't fit in no time!
But look at how cute they look! You wouldn't blame me for giving in, would you?

Baby M has outgrown all of the above cute onesies...but I think he can still wear them as tops. So I did a bit of a lame DIY ;)

I simply marked where I wanna cut with a ruler and marker, whack the bottom off, double folded the edge and stitched them. I meant to expose the stitches, so I used contrasting colors.
H&M DIY baby modified top

H&M DIY baby modified top

H&M DIY baby modified top
Done! Now baby M can wear them again! (Not that he cares... T_T)
But anyway...mama's happy!

4 comments:

Mrs Ergül said...

Love turning old stuff into reusable things once again! Good job there!

eek said...

Those are some darling onesies so I don't blame you! At least now you can use them for a little bit longer!

Wandering Chopsticks said...

You can save the extra fabric that was cut off and turn it into a quilt made from his baby clothes.

LyddieGal said...

that is a great DIY and a fun way to get some more mileage out of those cute onesies!